Thursday, October 16, 2008

New Kids on The Block

1988 -- I was 15 years old .. and loved listening to music ... I started listening to this group called New Kids On The Block -- and was hooked! There was no turning back! The love for this group, never left! :) I was never able to see them in concert -- as they never came close to where I lived -- but I had all their tapes and had wall to wall posters (and I do mean WALL to WALL to WALL to WALL! My mom hated to go into my room and see what I had done .. but she let me do it. I would get every magazine that I could find.

I was a Donnie Girl .. LOVED him .. had his dolls to prove it (and most of the posters on my walls proved it too) ... followed them -- even though most of my friends did not understand why I liked them so much.

So, fast forward to 2008 -- and the day I found out that NKOTB were getting back TOGETHER -- and then found out they were going to TOUR! WOW .. how exciting that was!!! I got even more excited when I found out that they would be playing at the Gwinnett Arena -- which is just about 30 miles from my house!! I was on the computer the day tickets went on sale -- I was going to see them live! :) So, I bought tickets for myself and a friend of mine, her name is Heather!

I got hooked on the www.nkotb.com and also www.nkotbfans.com boards. Meeting other people that would be going to the show in Duluth ... and keeping up with the shows that have already gone by -- the pictures, the videos -- I am giddy -- going back to when I was 15 years old!!

Here we are now -- just 13 days before the show on October 29th!!!

No one that knows me -- are surprised that I am going! :) LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvette! I'm excited that you're going to get to see the New Kids :) I don't blog much but this seems easier than myspace for me :)

Yvette said...

It is much easier!!! I love it! 1 more week!!!